Friday, August 8, 2014

18 Months

This little munchkin is officially a nursery-bound 18 month old with growing feet!  So, maybe we celebrated with a little retail therapy.    


I have been wanting to buy her pink cowboy boots for a long time and found the perfect pair at Target, but then when we went, I found this pair which were also totes adorbs.  You can see we went with the more sophisticated pair.  We also bought the little Nome some sneakers.  Hylan quickly discovered that she loves them because they increase her speed significantly.

I tell you, this summer continues to be splendid.  I hate that everyone is talking about "back to school."  The funny thing is that I keep thinking, "oh, how great, that doesn't apply to me (snicker snicker), but then I realize for the last 6 years I've been teaching fitness classes at a University, so it DOES apply to me, but in a different way.  My back to school shopping is a few new yoga pants and tops.  HA HA.

Anyway, here are some highlights from the last few weeks.

The aforementioned Highland Splash Pad that I didn't have pictures of before:

 in. out. in. out.

 ahh, not in my face

 sun bathing rock like Ariel's

I love this fun water, Dad!


One night Naomi didn't want to go to bed and this is what the sleepy head looked like after I took out her piggy tails!  :)


Last Friday we had an impromptu family date night that ended up being spontaneously fun!  We ate at Shoots (one of my faves!), and played arcade games at the Beach Resort like Deal or No Deal, and capped it off with a Dole Whip float!  Um, yeshhhhhh pwease! 




The next day we investigated the Alpine Splash Pad.  It was fun because it felt remote and serene.  Nomie modeled her new babingsuit (yes, I meant to spell it that way).




I mean, that's precious.

Ha ha, I have so many shoe videos, but I had to round out her obsession with girly heels with her new found admiration for sneakers.  She was walking around in these until I got out my camera.  Still cute, though.


Nomie highlights:

  • Still loves shoes
  • Has discovered fruit snacks and will never refuse them :)
  • She sleeps and eats quite well (unless she is teething, then all bets are off)
  • Speaking of teething, she now has the top central and lateral incisors, and the bottom central incsiors (her first two) with the lateral incisors finally pushing through.  Sheesh, we still have a long way to go.
  • Loves playing outside (chalk, bubbles, pools, splash pads)
  • Now has separation anxiety (taking her to basketball is starting to be difficult, leaving her in Nursery is also becoming difficult, she even sheds a few tears when I leave her with Grandma. I'm hoping she breaks out of this when I start teaching again and she gets used to other company when Hylan and I are gone--it's only a couple hours). 
  • She doesn't talk (except Momma, Dadda) but she is increasing her signs every day!
  • She loves her new sign language pop-up book and asks for it every day by doing the sign for book.
  • She loves to help Swiffer the floors.  She'd help with the vacuum too, but that one doesn't work out as well.
  • She will usually sit and let me do her hair.
  • She mostly hates getting her diaper changed (unless she really needs it or she is feeling really calm).
  • Every morning she will grab her Betsy (blanket doll) and Minnie Mouse to take with her out of the crib.
  • I bought her telephone cord bracelets that she adores and rarely takes off. ($2.00 at Target for 10. Perfect size for her. They were mislabeled hair ties. Score for us.)
  • She still watches parts of Frozen and Tangled nearly every day.  

What a life!  I love my family!  And I am still loving this summer!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Thanks for your comment a whole ago--it was good to hear from you. I meant to respond, but then I had pregnancy drama, and then the baby came, and then life exploded all over again.

Naomi is adorable, and I love her hair. I can't wait for Evelyn's hair to get long. Wish you were here to teach me yoga ;)

Brittany said...

While, not whole...

Bridget said...

I can't believe she is already 18 months! She's turning into a big girl!! The post pig tail pic is one of my favs! She's such a cutie!!