Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Week

Spring has sprung!  The flowers are blooming.  The sleeves are getting shorter. The park is getting busier. The grass is getting mowed.  The grill is being used.  Ahhh...the hope of a fun summer!

 Just living the dream around these parts.  I don't have much to say, but here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Visiting Daddy at work

 Kingo commandeered Naomi's chair while she was sleeping!


Easter Sunday = cute baby dresses!  And beautiful family pictures.  Omigosh, I loved looking at everyone's pics on the Facebook.

 Rosy Pink Daughter

So giddy to get a Minnie Bunny.



Daddy picked out the Minnie bunny and we hid it for a month to give to Nome on Easter Sunday.  We didn't do anything else, so I'm glad I "okayed" that purchase.  ;)

Selfie Sunday


 The closest thing we got to a family picture on Easter Sunday before church.

 yup, not so perfect that I needed to iron a tablecloth

My giddy moment was getting to use a pink table cloth (thanks to my Grandma Nome!) and pink plates for the first time in my life!  Those daffodils are from our flower beds!  The yellow candies are worth a special mention: Lemoncello Almonds. We bought them from Costco and they were the favorite!

We entertained a small crowd: Grandma and Grandpa Harper and cousins: Brandon and Brianna, whilst Naomi slept.  We ate the typical fair: Cafe Parisian Salad, Black Forest Ham, Funeral Potatoes, Peas and Carrots, Dinner Rolls, Strawberries, Lemon Ricotta Cookies (You really need to make these cookies. They are too delicious).  It wasn't a difficult meal to make, but plenty satisfying and very much appreciated by all! 

BTW, The hard boiled eggs were made into egg salad for my lunch today instead of deviled eggs or pickled beet eggs for dinner.

And here's a pic from today:  

Those piggies are crying for some clip-on Minnie ears!

Nomie decided to corner herself.  She's sitting on a foam roller (bless those weapons of myofascial release!) next to a collapsed play tunnel.

So, there you have it, a few highlights from last week.  Now I'm gearing up for the end of another semester, a trip to the happiest place in the western U.S., and a summer of freedom.  I LOVE my job, but it's nice to have a break too.

Happiness to everyone!


1 comment:

Katie said...

Cute!! Love the Minnie bunny! hehe Seriously, I would DIE without my foam roller this pregnancy! Best $20 I've ever spent! HA